[pptp-server] MGR: Max connections reached, extra IP addresses ignored

michiel at mind.be michiel at mind.be
Fri Mar 22 02:40:55 CST 2002

Hi ,

im running pptpd 1.1.2-1.2 (debian package).

now after running a few tests it starts giving me
Mar 22 09:29:17 thunderbird pptpd[15676]: MGR: Max connections reached, extra IP addresses ignored
Mar 22 09:29:17 thunderbird pptpd[15677]: MGR: Manager process started
while im not have any open pptp session to that box.

my config files :
---------------------------------------
# pptpd.conf
speed 115200

option /etc/ppp/pptpd-options

localip 192.168.0.1-134,192.168.0.134
remoteip 192.168.1.1-134,192.168.1.134

#pptpd-options

name vpn
domain my.be
auth
require-chap
netmask 255.255.255.0
nodefaultroute
proxyarp
lock

and i have the nodefaultroute option defined in my pptpd-options
but still when the pptp sessions establish (what it did before).
it added a default route

--

Tnx,

Michiel Van Opstal