[pptp-server] IP Masq and IP Tables

Bo Byrd byrdr at corp.earthlink.net
Fri Mar 22 13:37:28 CST 2002

OK I got mschapv2 and mppe128 working...now im trying to get IP Masq set
up so all the pptp clients can access the internet.  The problem is that
users get connected to the poptop server as ppp0, ppp1, ppp2, etc and
the rc.firewall script needs EXTIF="eth0" and INTIF"=eth1" or vice versa
and I want to use the ppp interfaces.....has anyone else been able to
masq the clients connecting to the vpn server???  Heres how I want my
setup to work...

Clients will connect to the VPN POPTOP server and get an address from a
range of 192.168.100.2-254 for their PPTP dial up adapter.   I have the
VPN server allocated only 1 address, 192.168.100.1

INTERNET

External Network card (209.12.x.x)
POPTOP RH7.1 VPN SERVER
Internal Network card (192.168.10.1)