[pptp-server] mandrake 8.2 and pptpd

Joe Ward j.ward at docwardo.net
Mon Mar 25 21:59:39 CST 2002

I just had to replace my router/server with a new box.  after much
frustration I also dumped redhat in favor of mandrake 8.2  only thing left
for me to do is to install pptpd so I can vpn back to my home network while
I'm on the road.

anyone do this yet with mandrake 8.2?  I'm going to look though howto on
http://home.swbell.net/berzerke/  but since this is the first time I'll
do this for a 2.4 kernel and since mandrake 8.2 is new release  I just
wanted to find out if anyone out there has done this yet?

if noone has any pointers and pitfalls to avoid?   I remeber when I patched
my redhat 6.2 system I had a heck of a time getting ppp patched.

-Joe Ward