RES: RES: [pptp-server] Solaris PPTP server setup, please help

Fabio Oliveira fabio at ipway.com.br
Thu May 2 08:26:16 CDT 2002

Liu,

you are welcome.
>I don't have /etc/ppp/options.pptp file, instead /etc/ppp/options
>(without .pptp extention).  Do we need to have a "options.pptp"
>also ?  I have mppe-40 and mppe-128 i /etc/ppp/options file.

OK. You dont need have exactly that file. When you configure the
/etc/pptpd.conf have a line options, so you must type for ex.: options
/etc/ppp/<ppp options file>, that can be any (options, options.pptp,
options.vpn, etc....you choose....)

>Is this standard Solaris module, or I have to find some software
>to install ?  Do you know where I can find instruction about Solaris
>mppe ?

MPPE means Microsoft Point-to-Point Encryption and that is a patch for the
pppd program works with encrypted data. (ref. RFC 3078)

You can get the source code to compile at :
http://pserver.samba.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ppp/pppd/

and search in : www.sunfreeware.com  for Sun packages (you know is very easy
to install)
Certainly there are another places but I remember of these.

good luck again Liu.
regards,

Fabio