[pptp-server] Re: Linux version question

Frank Cusack fcusack at fcusack.com
Fri May 10 05:55:48 CDT 2002

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 11:27:56PM -0700, Shu Liu wrote:

> Frank,
>
> I want to download a free Linux(not RH) to set up PPTP server,
> and in the future, I want to try FreeS/WAN on it also.
>
> What version is the best and can you give me a pointer ?

RH linux is free.  It's the only one I've ever used so I'm not a good
person to ask what might be better.  I tend to think Debian is better
(considering the grief RH gives me) but I've never actually used Debian
so maybe it has problems also.  If I were to try a new distribution,
I'd look at either Debian or PLD.

Most people that wave Debian flags only talk about apt (apt-get).  Those
folks don't know what they're talking about.

YMMV

/fc