[pptp-server] modprobe: Can't locate module ppp-compress-18

R. de Vroede r.devroede at linvision.com
Wed Sep 18 11:31:49 CDT 2002

How can it be that you're running kernel 2.4.18-10 and have installed
kernel-2.4.18-mppe4 and not running that. I know it's not the latest and
greatest, but it does have ppp_mppe.o (ppp-compress-18).
Boot the 2.4.18-mppe4 kernel and you're up and running.

Regards,
Richard

PS I am working on a way in which you can just install RedHat's kernel
rpm and run a script to build/install the kernel modules. So just be
patient ok? Just monitor the files on the Poptop sourceforge page.

On Wed, 2002-09-18 at 18:22, Luís Fernando wrote:
> Hi All.
> I just installed PopTop via rpm's files in a Red Hat 7.3 box running kernel
> 2.4.18-10 and I am getting the "modprobe: Can't locate module
> ppp-compress-18" message in the logfile.
> The rpm's installed were:
> kernel-2.4.18mppe4.i386.rpm
> pptpd-1.1.3-1.i386.rpm
> kernel-doc-2.4.18-mppe4.i386.rpm
> ppp-mppe-2.4.1-7.i386.rpm
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Fernando.

Richard de Vroede
(r.devroede at linvision.com)
Linvision BV         Provides Linux Solutions
Elektronicaweg 16D
2628 XG Delft
T: +31157502310      info at linvision.com
F: +31157502319      http://devel.linvision.com