No subject

Sun Jul 8 18:14:56 CDT 2012

extern __inline__ __const__ __u16 __fswab16(__u16 x)
{
  return __arch__swab16(x);
}

The other definitions are quite similar.  This header exists within the
linux kernel source (2.2.6, BTW).  Honestly, I don't understand this
syntax.  I thought extern was used to declare that an object that did not
exist within the current scope would be linked in later to exist in the
current scope (I'm using some pidgin OO stuff here.  Funny.  I'm even
worse at OO), yet it then goes on to define the function __fswab16.
Doesn't like it if I remove the extern either.  But I can slap some
prototypes in there and it works okay.