No subject

Sun Jul 8 18:14:56 CDT 2012

> o Be sure to have a HOME variable set when you start
>   pptpd, because slirp reads the HOME/.chap-secrets file
>   for authentication
>   This file must be TAB-separated filled in as follows:
>   <pptploginname>       *       <password>      192.87.7.231
>   Note the remote address at the end, it must be the same
>   as the one you edit into ctl.h of slirp.

So the PopTop-slirp combo uses plain chap authentication.
Slirp itself is based on pppd-2.veryold ppp code and does not support
any kind of data encryption as far as I know. Correct me here
if I am wrong. Theoretically it is possible to rewrite slirp
to use the newest pppd-2.3.10+mppe patches code, but I had no
time for doing this until now.

Regards,

--
  Dr. H.H. (Harald) Vogt         SERC (Software Engineering Research Centre)
  E-mail: vogt at serc.nl           P.O. Box 424, 3500 AK Utrecht, The Netherlands