No subject

Sun Jul 8 18:14:56 CDT 2012

Mar 28 09:35:52 mistral pptpd[10793]: CTRL: Received PPTP Control Message
(type:
 5)
Mar 28 09:35:52 mistral pptpd[10793]: CTRL: Made a ECHO RPLY packet
Mar 28 09:35:52 mistral pptpd[10793]: CTRL: I wrote 20 bytes to the client.
Mar 28 09:35:52 mistral pptpd[10793]: CTRL: Sent packet to client
Mar 28 09:35:52 mistral pppd[10794]: sent [LCP EchoReq id=0xe
magic=0xf1c9ad3e]
Mar 28 09:35:53 mistral pppd[10794]: rcvd [LCP EchoRep id=0xe
magic=0x2bbc1399]
<- This seams correct to me since befor I changed my box from windows NT to
Linux I did have traffic from time to time. over the VPN-adapter

I watched the traffic over the status window of the VPN - Adapter at my w2k
Box.
When I try to ping the w2k box from my Linux - PPTP Server I can watch
traffic only at the incoming side of the w2k - vpn adapter
When I ping the Linux PPTP Server from my w2k box I can watch traffic
coming in and going out.

With ksniffer I watched the ppp0 interface the following traffic has
occured in both directions:
iad3
netbios-dg
iad2
microsoft-
1041
netbios-ns

-> to client
snmp
bootps

<- from client
bootpc

Even on win98 the mppe encryption does not work

maybe that helps somebody

cu werner

|--------+----------------------------------->
|        |          robert                   |
|        |          <berzerke at swbell.net>    |
|        |          Gesendet von:            |
|        |          pptp-server-admin at lists.s|
|        |          chulte.org               |
|        |                                   |
|        |                                   |
|        |          28.03.2001 03:19         |
|        |                                   |
|--------+----------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                           |
  |       An:     "Cowles, Steve" <Steve at SteveCowles.com>, pptp-server at lists.schulte.org                      |
  |       Kopie:                                                                                              |
  |       Thema:  Re: Antwort: RE: [pptp-server] pptp connection with encryption an d kernel 2.4. 0           |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

On Tuesday 27 March 2001 18:22, Cowles, Steve wrote:
Could be.  Since I don't have W2K, I didn't really understand the message.

It's some sort of bug that does affect Win98 clients and W2K pptpd servers.

pptp-server maillist  -  pptp-server at lists.schulte.org
List services provided by www.schulteconsulting.com!

IGS Systemmanagement
Dr. Weginger GesmbH
Dorfplatz 5
A-4531 Piberbach
phone: +43 7228 6451 0       home: http://www.igs.at
fax: +43 7228 6451 30        eMail: igs at igs.at
hotline:
fax: +43 7228 6451 20        eMail: hotline at igs.at

- Erfolgreich mit der IGS e-commerce-Lösung!
- Änderung in den §§ 131 und 132 Abs.3 BAO bzgl.
  "Zurverfügungstellung von Datenträgern an
  Betriebsprüfer"!
  näheres unter http://www.igs.at/archiv/news.html