[pptp-server] Speed/performance problems with v0.9.10 and 98

David Luyer luyer at ucs.uwa.edu.au
Fri Aug 6 00:41:39 CDT 1999

> Ok, two more things...
>
> I went down to 0.9.4 and still had simmilar problems, but not as bad.
> Pinging from the client side, I received higher ping rates, but my
> packet loss was just as bad.

That's interesting.  Can you positively verify a decrease in performance
between 0.9.4 and 0.9.5?  0.9.5 fixes some important bugs.

If there is definitely a performance decrease there, try backing out the
changes one by one and find which one caused it.

The first two to try backing out would be the specific GRE bind() and the
sequence number checking change.

Is your pptpd logging anything on the server, eg, heaps of out-of-order
packets?

David.