[pptp-server] PPPD stalling on 2.2.11 + tcp patches

Philip Van Baren phil at vibrationresearch.com
Mon Aug 16 11:25:18 CDT 1999

James,

You might try change the value for the packet receive window size.  In
version 0.9.4 this was 2, in 0.9.5 through 0.9.9 it was 1, and in 0.9.10 and
above it echoes back the same value as the other side uses.

In my setup I found that using 1 results in significantly reduced
performance, 2 through 8 work ok, and values higher than 8 result in
flooding of the network, lots of lost packets, and poor performance.

I would recommend changing the pckt_recv_size setting in ctrlpacket.c to 4
and then recompiling:

---- ctrlpacket.c ------------
        /* lets match their window size for now... was
htons(PKT_RECV_WINDOW_SIZE)
         */
        out_call_rply.pckt_recv_size = htons(4); /*was:
out_call_rqst->pckt_recv_size;*/

Phil