[pptp-server] Tunnelling SMB

Gordon Smith gordon at hortauto.co.nz
Wed Dec 1 14:21:20 CST 1999

Hi all,

I think I need some advice here.
I'm trying to tunnel NetBIOS in to a private network.
Current setup is:

msclient -> internet -> firewall -> internal net

Firewall has a real world address and an internal address bound to the NIC.
Its running pptpd, and clients connect successfully.
Now what I want to do is allow the clients access to the internal network - all
NetBIOS over TCP/IP. File and print is done with Samba.

Is this just a masquerading issue on the firewall, or do I need to run the
pptp daemon on the internal file server and masq to it.

Thanks,

--
Gordon Smith,  MCP, TCP
Network Administrator