[pptp-server] Tunnelling SMB

Gordon Smith gordon at hortauto.co.nz
Wed Dec 1 20:39:44 CST 1999

Thanks Kevin,
I have connections being established from the outside now. It turned out that I
needed to allow GRE thru the router  :-)
Oops.

I do see the following errors:

Dec  2 15:57:21 homer modprobe: can't locate module char-major-108
Dec  2 15:57:23 homer pptpd[23496]: GRE: read(fd=4,buffer=804d7e0,len=8196) from PTY failed: status = -1 error = Input/output error
Dec  2 15:57:23 homer pptpd[23496]: CTRL: PTY read or GRE write failed (pty,gre)=(4,5)

The connection is made successfully, however. Haven't got browsing going yet.
I've pointed the MS client to the internal DNS and WINS servers, but no luck.
I'll have a look at doing proxy arp as you suggested.

Cheers,
Gordon