[pptp-server] Reliability over lossy links?

Patrick J. LoPresti patl at cag.lcs.mit.edu
Wed Dec 15 16:01:30 CST 1999

We primarily use PPTP to let users tunnel through our firewall from
home.

We have pptp-1.0.0 set up on a Linux 6.1 system, using kernel 2.2.13
and ppp 2.3.10 plus MPPE patches.  Things are working nicely
(thanks!), except that connections from remote places, even via a
cable modem, wedge completely fairly often.

Are others experiencing this problem?

The first entry in the TODO list sounds like it is related.  I would
be interested in helping out.  Is anyone actively working on this?  If
not, does anyone have suggestions for where to start?

 - Pat