[pptp-server] help!!!!!!

曉楓 gis88512 at cis.nctu.edu.tw
Thu Dec 16 09:54:06 CST 1999

Think you for reading this mail. I am a graduate student of NCTU in Taiwan.
Could you take some time to answer my question of pptp server?
Question:Why I  can use sniffer to obain data transmitting on the net??
                PPTP server suppose to data encrption(RSA RC4 40 bits session key)
                but the packet that I get on the net is not encrpted.
OS: linux redhat 6.0
pptp server: pptp-1.0.0
windows 98
ps:I don't know what is version of pppd ?? so I do not update my pppd.
ps: client can connect to pptp server ,and server do not show any
     error message.
ps:After connecting, client can telnet server that have pptp server. I can
    use sniffer to get clear of packet. why???

Think you for your answer!!!!!

                                                              Xiao-Feng