[pptp-server] Firewall/PPTP Server

Gord Belsey gord at amador.ca
Mon Dec 20 12:11:08 CST 1999

Jeff:

I've set up several servers this way.

The key is to allow tcp port 1723, and protocol 47 through your chains for
all the pptp clients.  I set up chains for the specific address of the
client, as these are static (in my case).  If you're using dhcp on the
client, you could use a chain for the entire subnet but it would be less
secure, obviously.

Other than that it's a straight forward ipchains setup.  There's nothing
special about the pptpd setup....it'll be the same as if it where inside a
firewall.

Hope this is helpful

Gord Belsey