[pptp-server] Firewall/PPTP Server

tmk tmk at netmagic.net
Mon Dec 20 19:10:27 CST 1999

set up your firewall as usual, and allow incoming connections on port 1723
and allow ip protocol 47 through and you should be fine.

as far as security risks, this will allow users to get onto your local
network if they authenticate properly, so be sure to have a decent
authentication procedure as well as encryption.

ie

ipchains -I input -p 47 -j ACCEPT
ipchains -I input -p TCP -d <external interface ip addr> 1723 -j ACCEPT

(those are just of the top of my head.. there might be an error)

Kevin