[pptp-server] Connected, but not browsing.

Paul Kendall paul at kcbbs.gen.nz
Tue Dec 21 03:45:50 CST 1999

Hi all,
I have configured a linux masq firewall and PPTP server as below.

linux firewall is running 2.2.12 with ip_masq_vpn-2.2.11.patch installed.
I am forwarding connections on 1723 to the pptp server and have
IP_MASQUERADE_PPTP in the kernel and so my GRE protocol is being
masq'd as well.

I have 2.2.5 with ppp-2.3.10 and the ppp-2.3.10-openssl-norc4-mppe patch
and mppe-stateless patches installed.

Ok, heres my problem.  I can connect, using Win-2K RC2, to the pptp server
from outside the firewall.  Once this is done, I can connect to an intranet
webserver inside the firewall and I can ping and telnet to anything inside, but
for the life of me I cannot browse the network!  Please, what am I doing wrong?

Cheers,
Paul.