[pptp-server] Unsupported Protocol errors from pppd

Fred Reimer fwr at ga.prestige.net
Thu Dec 30 15:01:49 CST 1999

On 20 Dec 1999, Patrick J. LoPresti wrote:
> Nate Carlson <natecars at real-time.com> writes:
>
> > Is this a Win98-a box per chance?
>
> No, NT4 SP6a.

I just ran into these errors with an NT box; installing SP6a 128bit got
rid of them.

O.K., this isn't strickly a pptp-server question but...

I'm trying to get the pptp client running and get these errors, with the
seemingly random protocol numbers.  I'm connecting to an NT box, but I don't
currently know what SP it's running.

Is it possible that I'd need to patch the NT PPTP server in order to get my
Linux client working?  Although it connects, authenticates, and goes through
the whole LCP negotiations I can't get anything back from the other side.
Packets come in, but they seem, to be the ones that generate the
protocol-rejected messages.

Thanks,

Fred Reimer