[pptp-server] **Newbie alert** new setup

Terrelle Shaw hshaw at epills.com
Thu Dec 30 16:51:16 CST 1999

Hello all..
I just finished setting up the server and about to try to connect.
I have a question tho.
I want to connect remote clients to our firewalled(router) LAN ( Linux based
using ipchains).I have 'Real' ip's. I gave the VPN server one of these so in
essence its not -behind- the firewall ( you can ping it on the internet).
But is using the firewall as the default gateway.

My question.. will this work? My firewall has three subnets on it ( three
Ethernet cards with different subnet address)and its routing between each..
currently the VPN is located on the 'DMZ' area of the ipchain rules.

Since the PPTP server has a REAL Ip address.. do I setup the win95/nt
clients to use the internal ip's? ( such as 10.0.0.x? )

Do I still need to apply the VPN masq patch to the router/firewall?

Thanks..

Terrelle Shaw
System Administrator
hshaw at healthcentralrx.com