[pptp-server] options file for multiple people connecting

tmk tmk at netmagic.net
Thu Dec 30 22:20:06 CST 1999

nope, no vpn masq needed
just be sure protocol 47 can get through and port 1723 is open

#allow all protocol 47 stuff (gre)
ipchains -A input -p 47 -j ACCEPT
#allow connections on port 1723
ipchains -A input -p tcp -d <servers external IP> 1723 -j ACCEPT

if the server is behind a firewall, instead of being the firewall itself,
these will be a bit different.

just add an entry for each user in the chap-secrets file.. nothing too
complex
biggest 'gotcha' seems to be "cannot determine ethernet address for Proxy
ARP"
just make sure if you use the proxyarp option that the ip address that will
use proxy arp is on the same subnet as the eth card you want to do the
proxying.

Kevin