[pptp-server] Re: [pptp-server] FW: PPTP. PAP. and the compaq Microcom.

David Luyer luyer at ucs.uwa.edu.au
Thu Jul 1 00:52:17 CDT 1999

> Hi,
>
> Is there any progress on this yet?

I did one implementation and threw it away as it would have been uselessly
inefficient in the real world.  At current I'm working on other things at UWA
and most of my spare coding time is going into trying to finish off some things
in Squid rather than pptpd (I've finally worked out a solution to the final
problem laying in my Squid delay-pools stuff which will be efficient enough
for me to be happy to implement it I believe; I don't believe in putting out
poor solutions since they just become permanent and then people structure other
things around existing kludges).

Once I've finished the thing I'm doing for Squid I'll move back to looking
at this again (the structure I've decided on now is a "pptpmux" process which
splits off GRE to different child processes, each of which acts like out
current "pptpctrl" processes, so there is one "pptpmux" per client PAC when
running as a PNS with multi-call support).

(I also have some other stuff for Squid that I would like to finalize but
it can probably wait)

David.