[pptp-server] Summary: Off Topic:anyone have fixes for ms win95/98 pptp client bugs?

Matt Drake mattd at marketinsights.nctda.org
Thu Jul 8 10:19:26 CDT 1999

 I would like to thank Geoff Nordli and Neil Helsley for pointing out the
error in my ways... Doah!  Geoff and Neil reminded me that the
c:\windows\hosts.sam file is just a sample hosts file and that unless it is
named just 'hosts' nothing will happen.  I will try this and see if it helps
out my situation.  However, I would like to give a big thanks to Ron MacNeil
for passing along the MS bug fix.  Hopefully this patch will solve my
problems without resorting to passing around an edited 'hosts' file to all
my users.  Thanks again for the timely feedback.  My original message is
below for those that missed it the first time around.

 Matthias
(too many people named Matt on this list)