[pptp-server] Errors: 650, 629, 640

Michael Horne m.horne at comnet.co.nz
Fri Jul 9 01:19:30 CDT 1999

We have started trialing VPN software to overcome security problems raised
by the use of global roaming dial-up software.

We were having the problems that people were discussing in the June mailing
list archive with 650 errors, and 645 errors.  we tried some of the things
mentioned on the mailing list archive, but with out much success.  We
eventually got rid of the problem by installing another Microsoft Dial-up
Adapter.  When we installed another dial-up adapter and then listed the
adapters available, the new dial-up adapter came up "Dial-up Adapter #2 (VPN
Support)"  After that we had no problems connecting and authenticating to
the VPN server.

Thought I should send this to the mailing list, in case it helps any one
else out.

 \_, Michael Horne                     ComNet Technologies Limited
 </  Phone: +64-25-479818              PO Box 31310
 /)  Fax :  +64-4-5690067              Lower Hutt
(/   m.horne at comnet.co.nz              New Zealand
'