[pptp-server] Re: [pptp-server] Re[2]: [pptp-server] Using PPTPD & Linux PPTP to setup VPN

Samuel Gonzalez, Jr. sam at linuxtec.com
Sat Jul 10 14:38:08 CDT 1999

Jim,
        If you are using the newer 2.2.x kernels then you use ipchains.
Otherwise you use ipfwadm.  I recently had to set up a vpn between 2
networks and had to figure out how to tell the masquerading firewall to
only mask the traffic out to the internet, but leave the internal stuff
alone.  I accomplished that with the following command;

ipfwadm -F -f
ipfwadm -F -p accept
ipfwadm -F -a m -S <your lan address> -D 0.0.0.0/0 -W eth1

the interface after the "-W" is the default gateway interface.  Hope this
helps

Sam

Jim Morris wrote:

> Hi tmk,
>
> Ok, I *think* I had done most of that, but what looks a little
> different might be the IP addresses of the Gateways on both routes.
> I'll check that out.
>
> Also, I am unclear how exactly I ensure that the routes between the
> networks are not masq'ed.  Do I have to use ipchains or ipfwadm to
> somehow EXCLUDE the network on the other end from the default
> masquerading setup, which is to send stuff for ALL remote nets to the
> Internet, via masquerading.
>
> Thanks!
>
>  --
> /------------------------------------------------\
> | Jim Morris  | Business:  jmorris at rtc-group.com |
> |             | Personal:  Jim at Morris.net        |
> |    World Wide Web:  http://Jim.Morris.net      |
> |       AOL Instant Messenger:  JFM2001          |

 Samuel Gonzalez, Jr.  <sam at linuxtec.com>
 SGI Consulting
 Houston, Texas
 281-687-9286