[pptp-server] Off Topic: anyone have fixes for ms win95/98 pptp client bugs?

Matt Drake mattd at marketinsights.nctda.org
Wed Jul 7 20:12:45 CDT 1999

Hi,

 I am sorry that this is a little off topic but I was wondering if anyone
has run into win95/98 PPTP client bugs and received a fix from MS.  I am
very interested in fixes (if available) for the following two "issues" and
would love to get the fix from someone so I don't have to run around in
circles talking to MS and Dell.  The bugs are..

Slow DNS Name Resolution When Using PPTP Connection
Article ID: Q193456
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q193/4/56.asp

TCP/IP Host Name Resolution Takes a Long Time on PPTP Connection
Article ID: Q193878
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q193/8/78.asp

Due to the way in which my environment is setup (don't ask) I have big
problems with the bug 'Q193456' on both win95 and win98 machines.  Has
anyone else seen similar problems on win98 machines?

I have not had much luck finding information on these problems so if you
have any suggestions please let me know.  Oh, I tried editing the
c:\windows\hosts.sam file but that didn't seem to do anything.

 Thanks,

 Matthias

pptpd 0.9.2
pppd 2.3.7