[pptp-server] pptp over dialup to internet

Matt Templeton cybear at pacbell.net
Mon Jul 12 13:25:26 CDT 1999

I have a Linux server connected via DSL to the internet using ipchains
to masquerade. On this server I have pptpd setup. I can dial the
internet and connect and telnet to the pptpd server no problem. When I
launch VPN form windows98 I get a message:

Error 645: The Microsoft Dial-Up Adapter is in use or not responding
properly.
Disconnect other connections and then try again.
If this problem persists, shut down and restart your computer.

Grrr, the only other connection is the dial up to the internet. If I
disconnect that, the VPN connection would be worthless. Can anyone help
me out with this???

Thanks, Matt