[pptp-server] Problems logging into an NT domain

Michael Walter walterm at Gliatech.com
Fri Jul 23 14:08:06 CDT 1999

Hello all,
I have been struggling through setting up a VPN to support remote users
logging into our companies NT domain.  I'm not sure that this matters but
the vpn is currently running ftpd, httpd, samba, and swat daemons in
addition to the pppd and pptpd.  Anyway, the vpn itself is a member of the
domain and is able to nmblookup addresses and create shares.  I am using
windows98(through a cable modem) as a test client and am able to connect to
the vpn with no problems or errors.  However, all traffic from the client is
still routed through the standard connection rather than the VPN connection.
As such I cannot browse/ping/traceroute anything on the remote domain
through the vpn.  The vpn has a direct internet connection.  I was just
wondering if anyone could tell if my problem is with my client setup or the
vpn server or give me an idea where I should be looking.  Here is the server
information:  Thanks in advance...

os           redhat 6.0
kernel      2.2.5-15
pptpd       0.9.5