[pptp-server] FreeBSD and pptpd?

David Luyer luyer at ucs.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jul 28 02:26:40 CDT 1999

> when i get that error (on linux mind you ) it is because the gre like failed
> to go through, so ppp had no one to talk to. Check that your client supports
> pptp from his/her location and that you don't have any wierd firewalling
> going on.

I've also had it due to the Win98 network stack on the client being fried, and
due to errors in ppp configuration.  Turning up ppp debugging can help.

> Kevin

Should be OK that you commented them out, but would be better to fix
the problem :-)

Tell me if it works if you uncomment them and edit pptpctrl.c such that

#ifdef HAVE_OPENPTY
#ifdef HAVE_PTY_H
#include <pty.h>
#endif
#ifdef HAVE_LIBUTIL_H
#include <libutil.h>
#endif
#endif

is moved to the line below
#include <arpa/inet.h>
(more important that it's below the block containing <sys/types.h>)

This should fix the compile problem.  It won't actually affect the problem
you're having which is probably with pppd or firewalling.

David.