[pptp-server] FreeBSD and pptpd?

wherbert wherbert at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 28 09:15:46 CDT 1999

SUCCESS! Thank you this fixed the compile time error with pptpctrl.
As well , my previous messages concerning unable to get GRE from the debug
log was do to
my oversight. I was attempting to attach VPN through a firewall/nat
configuration. (Silly me).

Now im testing the BSD Userland PPP switch from ./configure --with-bsdppp.
Everything seems
to configure properly & the actual build goes ok however I recieve the
message:

BSD user level ppp currently requires PPPd IP allocation.

Does this mean that user ppp is in the works/doesnt work rite now or that I
just need to specify local/remote from /etc/ppp/options or pptp.conf ?
thanks
wherbert at earthlink.net