[pptp-server] FW: PPTP. PAP. and the compaq Microcom.

David Luyer luyer at ucs.uwa.edu.au
Fri Jun 11 01:55:46 CDT 1999

> Hi,
>
> I have the same problem. As of 0.8.12 it does not work. I complains about
> message type 9 not being implemented.

Message type 9 is an 'incoming call request'.

It is sent from the PNS (PPTP Network Server, ie, pptpd) to the PAC (PPTP
Access Concentrator, ie, Win98 client) in order to request that the PAC
initiate an incoming call (or connection) to the PNS.  Hence it shouldn't
be implemented in pptpd, since pptpd is a server not a client.

David.