[pptp-server] Samba and pptpd

Jamie Guinan guinan at bluebutton.com
Fri Jun 11 17:23:20 CDT 1999

Ok I set up Samba server with,
 domain master = yes
 preferred master = yes

And the nmbd log looks happier now:

  Samba name server SERVER is now a local master browser for workgroup
  MYWG on subnet 192.168.1.2

I set up the DNS and WINS servers in the VPN "Server Types" dialog,
and winipcfg displays the correct IP addresses for them once I bring
up the VPN link.

But when trying to mount a drive I still get,

  The following error occured while trying to connect
  F: to \\SERVER\username

  The network is not accesssible.
  For more informantion, look in the Help Index
  at the topic 'Network Troubleshooter'.

I'm puzzled.

I noticed that in MS VPN Adapter Properties, under
Bindings it has "[x] NDISWAN -> ...".  Should this
be unchecked?

Q: Is there an equivalent to "nslookup" for testing
WINS name resolution?

-Jamie