[pptp-server] couldn't find suitable secret

Nico De Ranter nico at sonycom.com
Wed Jun 16 11:06:39 CDT 1999

Howdy,

I'm trying to make my Linux box talk to the poptop server.
I managed to get the pptp connection up by doing something
like:

  pptp pptp-server debug name nico remotename ndr

I get a message stating both incoming and outgoing connections
have been made. But when I do an ifconfig the ppp0 interface
doesn't have an IP-address so I can't make a route to it.
The USING file of pptp als gives a couple of IP-addresses as
an argument to pptp, however in my case I can't choose the
IP-addresses myself.  How can I resolve this?

Thanks in advance,

Nico

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?
Nico De Ranter
Sony Service Center (SUPC-E/NSSE)
Sint Stevens Woluwestraat 55 (Rue de Woluwe-Saint-Etienne)
1130 Brussel (Bruxelles), Belgium, Europe, Earth
Telephone: +32 2 724 86 41 Telefax: +32 2 726 26 86
e-mail: nico.deranter at sonycom.com