[pptp-server] Re: [pptp-server] Re: [pptp-server] PPTP Server Configuration Questions

David Luyer luyer at ucs.uwa.edu.au
Thu Jun 24 08:40:57 CDT 1999

> I am going to attempt to connect a PPTP session between a 3Com Total
> Control Hub (NAS box), and Linux running pptpd.  If anyone has done this,
> please let me know.  The 3Com box supports PPTP.

I think you need a PNS not a PAC.  In the IP tunneling sense, the server
acts as a PAC and the client as a PNS and only a single call is established
per PAC-PNS pair.

As a real PAC, we need a lot more logic in the pptpd, for multi-call support.
To do it efficiently is quite complex.  I did one implementation but
completely threw it away as it would have been very inefficient.  I worked
out plans for a second implementation but have become very busy now and may
never actually implement them unfortunately :-(   Depends on a number of
factors which I'll know more about in 2 weeks time.  If you are a good
programmer and want to work on it earlier than that, e-mail me and I'll
describe the structure.

David.