[pptp-server] Re: [pptp-server] PPTP Server Configuration Questions

Brian signal at shreve.net
Thu Jun 24 09:05:56 CDT 1999

> I don't see anything wrong with it but what exactly is the point?
> if the tunnel doesn't exist anywhere but between the NAS and the linux box
> what added security do you get?
>
> are default routing them on their dial-up connection?

Not all tunnels are built for security.  The output of the NAS boxes goes
into a L4 switch, which transparently redirects all web (port 80) requests
to our squid cache.  Some people don't want this, so I was going to tunnel
them thru the switch...........its really academic at this point.

Brian Feeny (BF304)     signal at shreve.net
318-222-2638 x 109	http://www.shreve.net/~signal
Network Administrator   ShreveNet Inc. (ASN 11881)