[pptp-server] pptp from NT

Mike McQuade mmcquade at aa.net
Sun May 9 22:59:10 CDT 1999

Some progress,

Maybe I should have mentioned this:

My Linux machine is multi-homed, I was attempting
to PPTP to the "Outside" NIC, ie: the one connected
to the Internet. From a machine on the inside
"private" network.

I followed these suggestions below, and was
able to establish a PPTP connection when I
PPTP to the IP address of the INTERNAL network
only.

When I try to enter the IP address of the
second NIC, I can send packets but get
nothing back.

I suspect that IPCHAINS needs a rule to allow
traffic back into the internal network.

Or does PPTP not work through a Linux / IPCHAINS
firewall ?

Mike