[pptp-server] v8.0.2 installed fine

Jeremy Lee jeremyl at hrmc.com.au
Tue May 11 00:29:47 CDT 1999

Hi. I'm running Debian 2.0 (Hamm) with a 2.0.34 kernel, and pppd
2.3.5-2, nothing special. everything compiles and seems to run. I'll do
some actual testing with some windows clients a little later.

There was only one weird thing in the make:

$ make
cd . && /home/orinoco/pptpd-0.8.2/missing autoheader
WARNING: `autoheader' is missing on your system.  You should only need
it if
         you modified `acconfig.h' or `configure.in'.  You might want
         to install the `Autoconf' and `GNU m4' packages.  Grab them
         from any GNU archive site.

After which it was fine. You might want to mention that the programs
won't run while still in the source directory. That gave me a few
minutes of confusion. :-)

ps. How's the encryption stuff looking? I really, really want to use it
to run a VPN. I'd much rather have the linux firewall doing the work
than our NT server. But, a VPN's not much good without encryption, no?

--
 Jeremy Lee | Orinoco     "One Crowded Hour of Glorious Life