[pptp-server] PPTP CTRL Connection

tmk tmk at netmagic.net
Wed May 26 19:15:02 CDT 1999

we're working on detecting a dead link. There are some other little issues
as well, (sometimes you get 2 pptpctrls on one connection) We will to have a
fully stable release by 0.9.0, at which time we'll start implementing
"goodies" (gui/console control tool, full rfc compliance, etc) but for now,
bear with us. I am actually going to start working on that problem today or
tomorrow.

> stays open.  As a fast workaround, could you pass the PID number of ctrl
> connection to PPPD (by appending "iiparam PIDNUMBER" to the command line
> that calls pppd).  Then when I run my ip-down script, I can kill the
> ctrl-connection as well.

I think we can do better than that.. we eventually want to have a control
utility, so the kill control needs to go the other way (ie pptpmanager kills
pptpctrl, pptpctrl kills pppd and gre)

You can always set max_connections really high and ignore all the extra
processes that are running :)

thanks for the input, and keep it coming
Kevin