[pptp-server] Re: [pptp-server]

John Green john_g11 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 2 13:15:24 CST 1999

Which firewall are you using ?
You need to allow to things on the firewall:
first allow IP protocol Number 47 (which is GRE)
and allow TCP port 1723.
Ofcourse not all firewalls can understand other
IP protocols. so which firewall are you using. If it
is something personal then email me offline.

The IP range 192.168 is private address range....

    VPN------------Firewall---------Internet----
  server

 Local Network

Make the default gateway for all host in the local
Network point to the VPN server box, in your case
as you say is the Winnt Box and ie a PPTP server.

I hope this helps and makes things easier. feel free
to emai lme, as i have implemented this for my
network. I did have problems with allowing the PPTP
throught the firewall. But then this is part of our
job
and we learnt as well we progressed.

=====