[pptp-server] Minor documentation errors?

Carey Jung carey at itfreedom.com
Thu Oct 7 08:18:04 CDT 1999

Hi all,

I just got this PPTP server working last night, and would like to report a
couple minor errors I found in the HOWTO-PoPToP.txt file.

1.  Step 5 says to unzip the ppp-2.3.8-blah-blah.diff.gz file downloaded at
Step 2.  Well, the file I got was already unzipped.  I dropped the .gz
extension, ran patch, and proceeded.

2.  Step 6 says to make modules in /usr/src/linux.  I got a compilation
error because the SSLeay*rc4* files didn't get into the modules/drivers/net
directory.  I believe kinstall.sh should have taken care of that, but it
apparently did it.  I had to copy the header and source file into the
directory manually and re-run make modules.

3.  Also in Step 6, it seems to me that you need to run insmod on a couple
additional modules, ppp_deflate and bsd_comp.  This is mentioned later on in
the document Q&A.  I'm not sure why it's not called out here.

Hope this helps.

Carey Jung                                 IT Freedom
carey at itfreedom.com                        8127 Mesa Dr, B206, PMB 360
512.502.1171, (fax 512.349.2165)           Austin, TX 78759-8632