[pptp-server] Piping 2 subnets over PPTP

JimVanEtten at ENVISIONit.ca JimVanEtten at ENVISIONit.ca
Thu Oct 7 10:41:12 CDT 1999

I have a pipe from one linux firewall to another linux firewall using
PoPToP and I can ping from one (lets call it client) to the other (lets
call it homebase). I can ping from client to homebase and every computer
on the same subnet as home base. Homebase is network 172.17.1.0 and
client is 172.17.5.0. I can ping from homebase to client but when I try
to ping other systems on clients subnet I can't.

The pipe is generated on using 2 172.17.1.0 addresses. Does the reason I
can ping one way and not the other have something to do with my routing
on the client firewall?? Proxyarp maybe?? Any insight at all would be
appreciated.

Jim