[pptp-server] compiling with RC4, and openssl (easy fix for a guru)

Geoff Nordli geoff at gnaa.net
Sun Oct 17 19:31:09 CDT 1999

Yes.  I think so.  I tried all kinds of different things.

I tried doing a re-install of the ppp/pptpd, and now I can't
even get the damn thing compiled.

I am working with the openssl package, and follwed the
instructions that were on the list, but to no avail.

Supposedly you are supposed to:

1. copy rc4.h, rc4_enc.c rc4_locl.h, rc4_skey.c to both
           .../ppp-2.3.8/linux/
     and
           /usr/src/linux/drivers/net/

2. edit both "ppp_mppe.c" files and add the following line at the end
     of the set of #include lines at the top of the file...
           #include "rc4_skey.c"

which i did, but I can't get past the

'make modules' command in the /usr/src/linux

I attached the error log from my compile.  It seems that it can't
find the openssl/rc4.h file.  Is there a path section I should
be aware of?

thanks,

geoff