[pptp-server] VPN

Ali Lahooti alahooti at rodgers.rain.com
Tue Oct 26 20:27:10 CDT 1999

Dear Linux Users,

Has anybody had any experience installing pptp "PoPToP v1.0.0"
on a Red Hat Linux 5.2 with a kernel version 2.0.36?  I have
downloaded  "PoPToP v1.0.0", "ppp-2.3.8.tar.gz", "ppp-2.3.8-mppe-
others-norc4_TH7.diff.gz", and "SSLeay-0.6.6b.tar.gz".  I have
downloaded PPP 2.3.8 because I want to use Microsoft compatible
 MSCHAPv2/MPPE authentication and encryption. The reason for
this is that the MSCHAPv2/MPPE patch is against PPP 2.3.8.  I
know I need to rebuild my kernel to upgrade my PPP version 2.2 to
 PPP version 2.38.  What  should be enabled/disabled or what
should I pay attention to while  building a kernel to get the vpn/pptp
working properly.  Are  there any instructions to go about this?
Your help is greatly  appreciated.

Regards,

-Ali

Ali Lahooti