[pptp-server] Arp Problems? (no data transfer to other hosts on servers subnet)

tmk tmk at netmagic.net
Fri Sep 10 15:24:44 CDT 1999

This is sort of confusing to me, but here's the impression i get:

you have a windows box on teh same ethernet wire as a linux box, and the
linux box has an isdn line that connects to your work network, which in
turn connects to the internet somehow.

first off, i don't think you need masqing at all. You might need to add
routes to the routing table (linux box)to get your computer to see
everything. Be sure to tell your windows machine the default gateway that
goes out to the internet.

Just FYI, windows has the nasty habit of sending everything through the
vpn link regardless of the routing table you have set up at home, so if
you connect to the pptp server with tcp, tcp will only work on that link.

Kevin