[pptp-server] two different subnets

Thomas Laane tlaane at lucent.com
Mon Sep 20 02:43:04 CDT 1999

All,

This is my situation.

10.0.1.x|--------------( internet )------------|10.0.0.x/255.255.0.0
255.255.0.0

10.0.1.x has PPTPD running on it and the 10.0.0.x network has a windows
NT GW.

Now I want to connect these to networks to each other.
Till now I haven't succeeded yet.
Is pptpd the approptiate tool to use to connect these to networks to
each other or should I use a other on.
Do we have to use the same network to be able to use this tool if not
why is it not working for me then

This is what my pptpd.conf looks like.
speed 115200
option /etc/ppp/options-pptpd
localip 10.0.0.2-4
remoteip 10.0.1.11-19

I have played around with the local and the remote IP number changing
them to my network and to the others but it doesn't same to help.
--
Thomas Laane,

The best way to accelerate a computer running Windows is at 9.8 m/sec^2