[pptp-server] IPX support

Chris Swan cswan at connectria.com
Mon Sep 20 12:30:28 CDT 1999

Not really directly related to this group, but has anyone had any
problems getting IPX support working in the 2.2 series of kernels?  I
can't get it to work for the life of me--if I compile it as a module,
I get several 'unresolved symbol' errors, but if I compile it into the
kernel, I don't get any errors on bootup, but PPP always complains
that 'IPX support is not present in this kernel.'

I'm really going batty here.  Is there any chance that it's actually
PPPd 2.3.8 which is not recognizing IPX in the kernel properly?
Anyone know, off the top of their head, of a quick way to tell if IPX
is functional?  /proc/net/ipx* do not show anything as running...

Do the MPPE and SSL patches work on the new PPPd 2.3.10?