[Fwd: Re: [pptp-server] Peers can't connect but don't see each other]

Carlos Javier Castro Pena jcaspen at ittc.ukans.edu
Thu Sep 23 16:50:51 CDT 1999

Everything seems to work find from the server side. I can connect with
pptp-linux client. The problem seems to be caused by MS Windows 98 client. The
connection is established correctly, but the route to the remote host is not
added to the route table. A route to the local host is added:

Linux adds route to client IP (10.0.0.1)
Windows adds route to 10.0.0.0 and 10.0.0.1. It doesn't add a route to the
Linux IP (11.0.0.1) and when I try to delete the 10.0.0.x routes it says that
the route could not be found.