[pptp-server] Compiling mppe on RedHat 6.2 (kernel 2.2.14)

Andrew McRory amacc at iron-bridge.net
Thu Apr 20 13:28:57 CDT 2000

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Geoff Nordli wrote:

> That is the same problem that I came accross.  I ended up
> using a stock 2.2.14 kernel, and that fixed the errors.
>
> So it must have something to do with a patch that RH applies
> to the kernel.

Can I just step in and say Red Hat patches their kernel a little too much
to expect any *other* patches to apply normally? You're better off using
a stock kernel, me thinks.

Andrew McRory                                        amacc at iron-bridge.net
Iron Bridge Communications                             www.iron-bridge.net
Caldera OpenLinux Contrib RPMS             ftp.iron-bridge.net/pub/Caldera