[pptp-server] Connection limitations?

Matthew Ramsay matthewr at moreton.com.au
Fri Aug 4 13:58:42 CDT 2000

G'day Kenneth,

The limitation on NETtel boxes is due to RAM constraints.. NE2520's only
have 4Mb RAM.. and since PoPToP spawns a pppd process per tunnel
(~200-300k) you quickly run out of RAM.

On a generic Linux box you don't have this 4 tunnel problem as you have
more RAM (well, I'd hope on a PC you have more RAM :-)...

Cheers,
Matt.