[pptp-server] PPTP and SMB

Kenneth E. Lussier kenlussier at mediaone.net
Mon Aug 7 17:46:28 CDT 2000

The problem is that Samba does a reverse lookup on the client. If
it can't resolve the ip address to a hostname, then it won't
allow it to access the shares. What I did to get around this was
assign all of the remote IP addresses hostnames in my internal
DNS. I have remote1.mycompany.com through
remote128.mycompany.com. This works for NFS, too.

Kenny